Welcome to Ukebox!
Home of the Ukebox Pub Nights.
You'll Also Find...
Group Lessons, Private Lessons, Challenges, Songs, Tabs, Online Ressources… all to help you learn to play the uke.
Ukebox is about learning and enjoying the art of creating music through the humble ukulele. It is your destination to learn the uke in the Ottawa area and to connect with others doing the same.
There’s a great community who’d like to play music with you too. Group classes to get you you started and to keep you improving, while the daytime ensemble and song circle offer different avenues to explore musically. And there is no better way to get acquainted with the Ottawa uke community then through our bi-monthly jams at the Clocktower Brew Pub.
Have a something particular you’d like to work? Private lessons are also available to work on more specific musical projects and goals.
Get the newsletter!
Receive the songs, setlists, strum patterns a few days before each Ukebox Jam. You'll also be kept up to date on upcoming courses, workshops and challenges.Send Me the Newsletter
Why learn the ukulele?
- I want to be able to accompany myself singing.
- My friend/family member goes to these jams and they have such a good time. I’d like to join them.
- I need to continually step out of my comfort zone and learn new skills.
- I’ve always wanted to learn an instrument but didn’t think I could. I saw the ukulele and thought: “Maybe I could do that”.
- I’d like to join in when my musician friends get together and play.
- I’ve heard that playing an instrument helps stimulate and enhance brain function as we get older.
- I want to play music to my young children / grandchildren.
- I visited Hawaii and took a lesson on the beach. I loved it and want to continue learning!
- I already play instruments but I need something small, versatile and portable as well.
- My school has a set of ukuleles. I want to bring them into my classroom to teach and need a few basics to get started.
- I need a complementary hobby to my main passion which is karate/cycling/knitting/
lifting weights/inventing new technologies etc.
Meet the teacher
Here is a French language TFO spot to introduce you to Joel Jacques.