Welcome the Ukebox Lessons Free Online Uke 101 video course. This course covers the various topics that arise first when you decide to start learning the ukulele. It’s the basics.
By the end, we’ll get to a few songs that we’ll play in a very simple way.
How to use this course
Go ahead and dive right in. You could take it in small chunks or blast through it all at once. If you do it in one sitting, you should set aside about one hour of your time. Lessons 4, 7 and 8 may be worth reviewing a few times. Oh, and make sure to have your instrument in hand!
Who is this course for?
- First and foremost, this short video course was made for my students to help them thoroughly absorb all the information that is discussed in our first session together (Beginner Uke Part 1). The videos were recorded during the first session of a 4 week class. It introduces the concepts that we develop and extend throughout that class.
- Anyone in the Ottawa (Canada) area who is considering taking lessons with me either in group form or privately. I hope this can give you a sense of who I am as a teacher and whether my teaching style will be a good fit for you.
- Anyone in the world who is just getting started on the ukulele and has all kinds of questions. I hope this helps address some of the first ones you are having.
My husband and I took your beginner tutorial today. We enjoyed it very much and found it incredibly informative on many levels. My husband has experience playing guitar but I had no musical experience prior to getting my uke. … At no point in my learning to date, either in private lessons or online/books, have the basic concepts of holding the uke, tuning and strumming been explained so concisely. … We watched the tutorial from start to finish in one sitting. It took us approximately 45 minutes. Honestly we were sad when it was over.Nancy & Del
Are you in the Ottawa area?
- Why not sign up for a class?
- Or perhaps join us at a Ukebox Pub Night Jam?
- Either way, you can sign up for our newsletter to stay up to speed on what’s going on with Ukebox.
Are you joining the fun from somewhere else?
- Sign up for our newsletter where you’ll be kept up to speed on future online content as it gets developed. I have plans for much more. As a bonus, you’ll receive setlists with songs and playing notes for our jams here in Ottawa. Those will arrive in your inbox twice a month.
- Found value here and want to offer a tip? That would be very much apprieciated! Thanks!