Intrigued by the bass? If you already play the ukulele (or some other stringed instrument) and would like to expand your musical horizons into the world of the bass, Gavin Thulien, our excellent and well-loved Ukebox Bassist, is here to help.
This introductory 2-week session will teach you some of the key patterns, enabling you to begin playing bass with your friends or group. This 2 week introduction is enough to get you started off right but is intended as a predecessor to our 4-week basic bass level 1.
A seasoned session player who has travel and worked with many groups throughout Western Canada, both as an agent with Banks music and as a bass player. He studied music at Concordia College Edmonton them moved on to study bass at McEwan University in Edmonton in their Bachelor of Music in Jazz and Contemporary popular music program.
His Love and keen approach to the bass is infectious as he shares a unique approach to learning bass through patterns and feel without bogging you down with reams of theory.
Venue: Ukebox Home Studio
Venue Phone: 613-323-1689Address:
Joel invites you to his home studio centrally located in the Chinatown/Little Italy neighbourhood of Ottawa.
- IMPORTANT: Please read signs carefully as there is a ‘No Parking’ zone on our stretch of Eccles Street.
- 3 hour street parking on Eccles, Anderson and other neighbouring side streets parallel to Eccles.
- 1 hour parking until 7pm on Rochester. Great for evening classes.
- OC Transpo’s #11 (old #2) bus route. Get off at the Somerset/Booth stop.
- OC Transpo #85 bus route. Stops at Preston and Anderson, 1 block away from studio.
The Bridgehead Roastery is only 1 block away for coffee before or after lessons. There is very good and affordable Pho, Ramen, Dim Sum and more just a stones throw away. Take advantage of your time in the neighbourhood to take it all in!
- Wed 7-8 | June 22 & 29
June 22, 2016
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- With Gavin Thulien