Beginner Ukulele Part 2 continues to build and develop the skills acquired in Part 1 without skipping a beat. Some participants with a bit of experience may choose to begin with this class. We will continue to apply the basic strumming patterns to new songs while adding variations and refinements. We will also take on finger-picking accompaniment styles and melodic playing. At the end of this session, all of the essential techniques will have been explored and used in at least one piece of music. Also, we’ll look at strategies for tackling difficult pieces with many chords or complex rhythms. (Advance development of these skills happens with the Continuing Ukulele course.)
Objectives for Beginner Part 2:
- Solidify your strumming ability and extend it by adding variations to patterns, chunks and mutes
- Finger-picking patterns for accompaniment
- Learn to play single note melodies, scales and chord solos using tablature notation
- Play one melody/chord solo with ease by the end of the session
- Learn strategies for learning ‘hard’ songs
- Play many great songs using our techniques such as Halleluiah, Proud Mary, Fly Me To The Moon and many more
Course Materials will be provided.
Venue: Ukebox Home Studio
Venue Phone: 613-323-1689Address:
Joel invites you to his home studio centrally located in the Chinatown/Little Italy neighbourhood of Ottawa.
- IMPORTANT: Please read signs carefully as there is a ‘No Parking’ zone on our stretch of Eccles Street.
- 3 hour street parking on Eccles, Anderson and other neighbouring side streets parallel to Eccles.
- 1 hour parking until 7pm on Rochester. Great for evening classes.
- OC Transpo’s #11 (old #2) bus route. Get off at the Somerset/Booth stop.
- OC Transpo #85 bus route. Stops at Preston and Anderson, 1 block away from studio.
The Bridgehead Roastery is only 1 block away for coffee before or after lessons. There is very good and affordable Pho, Ramen, Dim Sum and more just a stones throw away. Take advantage of your time in the neighbourhood to take it all in!
- Mondays 6-7 | July 8, 15, 22, 29
July 8, 2019
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm