The ukulele is the perfect tool to explore and to connect more deeply with the songs and music that we have loved over our lifetime. Learn to listen to original recordings and work out ukulele arrangements for them, learn the chord progressions, work on the melodic phrasing, discuss the meanings of lyrics, place the song in its cultural context.
The Daytime Song Circle is about exploring and learning the songs that the participants love, while developing and strengthening a wide range of skills on the ukulele.
- Learn to listen to original recordings to find the most important elements of a song.
- Learn strums, fingerpicking patterns, intros, riffs, and whatever else a song arrangement needs. Each song presents a new opportunity to learn or master a playing technique.
- Collectively build a repertoire of songs that the group feels connected to. Also, broaden your music horizons through exploring others’ musical selections.
- 2 songs explored most weeks. Regular repetition of already learned songs to continually improve. 7-9 songs learned over the course of a 6-7 week session.
- Instructor prepared, clear and accurate song sheets to help learn songs efficiently.
The Song Circle is a small intimate group who meet on Tuesday mornings from 11am til noon to develop a repertoire of songs. All participants get the opportunity to choose a song or songs they care about. Joel prepares the arrangements and song sheets. With guidance, learn to play and sing them to the best of your abilities.
Intended for retirees, or anyone who has time during the day, who want to play in a small intimate group. While not intended for absolute beginners, all ability levels are welcome.
Check out some of our past songbooks here! Song Circle SONGBOOKS
Venue: Alcorn Music Studios
Venue Website: http://www.alcornmusicstudios.com/home-2/Address:
Ukebox Lessons is so happy to be able to offer much of its programming at Alcorn Music Studios. We’ll be using their great spaces for some group and private lesson teaching. All lesson inquiries, scheduling and payment inquiries for Ukebox programming should continue to go to Joel Jacques (Ukebox Lessons). Don’t hesitate to be in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-323-1689
- Tuesdays 11-Noon | March 10-Apr 21 (7 sessions)
March 10, 2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuesdays 11-Noon | Apr 28-June 9 (7 sessions)
April 28, 2020
11:00 am - 12:00 pm