Come and play your part in this Ukulele Ensemble! This is a casual daytime musical experience intended for retirees or flexible hour workers. In this group, we are building a repertoire of instrumental music arranged in two to four parts. The repertoire ranges from classical to traditional to contemporary music. Though not for the absolute beginner, practically all skill levels can participate. Whether you’ve ‘just started recently’ or you’ve been ‘playing for years’, there is a part for you in this ensemble.
Though principally intended for participant’s enjoyment, you will also develop these skills: standard notation and/or tablature notation reading; listening skills; timing; and dynamics and melodic playing up & down the fingerboard.
Examples of repertoire we’ll tackle this winter include:
- Jesu, Joy Of Man’s Desiring (J.S. Bach)
- The Third Man Theme (Anton Karas)
New Members Welcome!
Click the image below for an example of music that we will play again. You’ll get music with audio clips like this.
Venue: Ukebox Home Studio
Venue Phone: 613-323-1689Address:
Joel invites you to his home studio centrally located in the Chinatown/Little Italy neighbourhood of Ottawa.
- IMPORTANT: Please read signs carefully as there is a ‘No Parking’ zone on our stretch of Eccles Street.
- 3 hour street parking on Eccles, Anderson and other neighbouring side streets parallel to Eccles.
- 1 hour parking until 7pm on Rochester. Great for evening classes.
- OC Transpo’s #11 (old #2) bus route. Get off at the Somerset/Booth stop.
- OC Transpo #85 bus route. Stops at Preston and Anderson, 1 block away from studio.
The Bridgehead Roastery is only 1 block away for coffee before or after lessons. There is very good and affordable Pho, Ramen, Dim Sum and more just a stones throw away. Take advantage of your time in the neighbourhood to take it all in!
- Mondays 1-2 | Apr 15-June 10 (excl Ap22 & My20)
April 15, 2019 - April 29, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm