Ever wanted to just play the blues? Is your instrument the ukulele? This one-evening workshop will introduce you to some of the classic blues-style accompaniments, turnarounds, scales and tunes. In this friendly easy-going environment, you’ll learn how to make your uke sing the blues.
- Shuffle Chords, what they are various ways of using them. Played in all common keys.
- 12-bar blues and 8-bar blues song forms.
- Classic turnarounds in all common keys.
- Quick introduction to the blues scale for soloing and ‘lick’ finding.
- Song sheets for 3-4 blues standards.
This workshop is open to anyone who is interested. It is helpful if you can play a dozen or so chords and move between them easily. | If you come to jams regularly and want to participate more fully, this workshop is for you. | Bring a ukulele.
Venue: Ukebox Home Studio
Venue Phone: 613-323-1689Adreça:
Joel invites you to his home studio centrally located in the Chinatown/Little Italy neighbourhood of Ottawa.
- IMPORTANT: Please read signs carefully as there is a ‘No Parking’ zone on our stretch of Eccles Street.
- 3 hour street parking on Eccles, Anderson and other neighbouring side streets parallel to Eccles.
- 1 hour parking until 7pm on Rochester. Great for evening classes.
- OC Transpo’s #11 (old #2) bus route. Get off at the Somerset/Booth stop.
- OC Transpo #85 bus route. Stops at Preston and Anderson, 1 block away from studio.
The Bridgehead Roastery is only 1 block away for coffee before or after lessons. There is very good and affordable Pho, Ramen, Dim Sum and more just a stones throw away. Take advantage of your time in the neighbourhood to take it all in!
Tues 7:30-8:30 | Feb 19th
February 19, 2019
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm