The most useful fingerpicking patterns for ukulele song accompaniment will be explored in this one evening workshop. We’ll learn the patterns and use them in songs right away to help you integrate them into your playing style. We’ll only use patterns that give noticeably different feels to your song and examples of where you might use them. We’ll also talk about how to make small variations to make them your own.
- Useful fingerpicking patterns in for 4/4, 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures.
- How to choose a feel for a particular song. Is there a ‘right’ approach?
- How to notate fingerpicking patterns to keep track of your ideas.
This workshop is open to anyone who is interested though it is helpful if you can play a dozen or so chords and move between them easily. | If you have never fingerpicked a song before, you may consider doing the Beginner Part 2 class. | If you come to jams regularly and would like to just focus in on this technique, this workshop is for you.
Venue: Ukebox Home Studio
Venue Phone: 613-323-1689Address:
Joel invites you to his home studio centrally located in the Chinatown/Little Italy neighbourhood of Ottawa.
- IMPORTANT: Please read signs carefully as there is a ‘No Parking’ zone on our stretch of Eccles Street.
- 3 hour street parking on Eccles, Anderson and other neighbouring side streets parallel to Eccles.
- 1 hour parking until 7pm on Rochester. Great for evening classes.
- OC Transpo’s #11 (old #2) bus route. Get off at the Somerset/Booth stop.
- OC Transpo #85 bus route. Stops at Preston and Anderson, 1 block away from studio.
The Bridgehead Roastery is only 1 block away for coffee before or after lessons. There is very good and affordable Pho, Ramen, Dim Sum and more just a stones throw away. Take advantage of your time in the neighbourhood to take it all in!
- Tues 7:30-8:30 | Jan 22 & 29
January 22, 2019
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm